Song Research

Last night Suzanne & I were looking for some songs to sing while we are on the beach during our prayer meeting and came across this song. It has some great words. It was sung by The Weavers as a folk song.

Enjoy!

Iif I can find an mp3 I will post it.

John
Last Night I had the Strangest Dream
by Ed McCurdy
Last night I had the strangest dream
I'd ever dreamed before
I dreamed the world had all agreed
To put an end to war
I dreamed I saw a mighty room
Filled with women and men
And the paper they were signing said
They'd never fight again
And when the paper was all signed
And a million copies made
They all joined hands and bowed their heads
And grateful pray'rs were prayed
And the people in the streets below
Were dancing 'round and 'round
While swords and guns and uniforms
Were scattered on the ground
Last night I had the strangest dream
I'd never dreamed before
I dreamed the world had all agreed
To put an end to war.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi John,
I am so happy to find your blog. I'm not a Christian, but I love learning about Christianity. Parts of it are quite beautiful. I am in a moment of spiritual distress, and am visiting different spiritual ports on Long Island. Yours has given me solace.

I remember the Weavers' recording of that wonderful song. My dear mother was a Quaker during the Vietnam War. She cried once when I played that song on my guitar.

My best,
Caroline

John Zenkewich said...

Hi Caroline

Thanks for yout comment. If we can be of any service feel free to let us know.

Peace


John