Stay Cool

Hi

As we stay cool during the heat wave I thought that you might find this Daily Word meditation for today a nice break from the heat.

Enjoy!!
John

STILL WATERS

God restores my soul.

Today I give myself a gift of time: the time to rest in oneness with God. I find a quiet place and become still. With each breath I take, I relax more and feel more in touch with God's presence.

I think of quiet, peaceful, green pastures. I close my eyes and imagine I am walking there. A gentle breeze blows through the grasses and over me. The warmth from the radiant sun above is comforting.

I rest beside the still waters of a pond. I am quiet too. I feel rejuvenated. As I relax my body, my mind becomes more at ease. My soul is restored.

I now open my eyes, aware of the presence of God in my life at all times in all places. The precious, peaceful presence of God restores my soul.

"He leads me beside still waters;
he restores my soul."
--Psalm 23:2-3

No comments: